About Me

My photo
Corrandion, Corridane
I am JT, Ringer, nutjob, and archer, in that order. I like animated films, epic films, book films, movie music, folk music, and the occasional random other thing. I make friends by accident and like it that way...

Search This Blog

16 April 2010

Fun Books

Our friend Hayden recently lent me two awesome books. One is The Silmarillion by Tolkien, which was not what I expected, but I enjoyed anyway, and the other is a historical Crusades niche adventure called Angels in Iron, about how the Knights of St. John withstood an overwhelming siege by the forces of Suleiman (did I spell that right? not sure.) Anyway, AiI is, as he said, an intense knock-down, drag-out fight to the death, at least until the end, which I could not put down for any length of time. Never mind that the graphic descriptions of gruesome death would make it the most R-rated of R-rated movies. I also expect to begin reading Rob Roy, by Walter Scott, soon. I meant to read it last month, but I never picked it up from the Library. Now I only have to face Hayden's wrath when he finds out that I accidentally bent the covers of his books... Bear with me, and I'll let you know if he kills me. (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I would like to know your thoughts if you have just survived an episode of my writing...:)